To give background on how Beautiful WordPress Design makes customers happy, I want to share with you a video of a TED talk from 2003, where design critic Don Norman talks about beauty, pleasure and emotion, and design that makes people happy. Take a look and then read on if your still interested Beautiful WordPress Design.
A visitor to your site will make up their mind about your products or services before they have even seen them, based on the usability of your website, and how it makes them feel. We can use SEO to improve visitor traffic to your website however, once they are on your website landing page, their emotions determine if to stay or go.
A major website success factor is conversion rates for sales. However, many potential sales go begging because the customer cannot find the content they need, making them feel frustrated. If you’re visitors don’t trust your site because of the way it looks or its usability, they wont make a purchase because they don’t feel happy about it. Remember, Beautiful WordPress Design makes customers happy, so they will be more likely to make a purchase. Is this true for you too?
Guidelines for Beautiful WordPress Design to make your customers happy
Navigation Design – make it simple, attractive and obvious
Simple and attractive navigation aids the visitors to your website to find what they are trying to find, feelings will be beneficial towards your site if they can navigate comfortably.
- Menu – Make sure the navigation is in the same place on every page, helping your visitors feel comfortable about navigating your website. Otherwise the will get frustrated and confused if menus disappear and appear unpredictably as they navigate your site.
- Links – Give your website visitors a feeling of confidence by knowing where a link will take them before they have to click on it to just to find out.
- Logo – Use familiarity by making sure your logo is in the top left hand corner of the website and that when they click it they get taken to the home page. This is a common with WordPress Design, and visitors will have expectations.
- Search – Include a search box to help your potential customers easily find things on your website. Quickly locating information they need will will give them more confidence in your site.
Content design – create readable, interesting, authentic information
An attractive web design attracts visitors and then good content keeps your visitors engaged and invites them to visit again.
- Keywords – when writing content, think of the search engines and the keywords that people will be using to search for and hopefully find your information. Think of the visitors reading it and make sure it is on topic for the keywords; does it solve their problem?
- Headings – Be sure each page has an attractive heading, which offer information statements, so visitors feel like reading on.
- Content – Make it easy to scan, people don’t usually read all of your page. Instead they will scan down the page looking for what they need. Emphasize your most important points with colors, bold letters or header tags. When they spot what they are after, they will feel like reading more.
Brand Design – Support your branding by making it look and feel great
An attractive brand strengthens your visitors’ impression of trust for your website. If your branding is strong and memorable, it will imprint in your visitors mind and the feeling of familiarity, will be associated with your products.
- Fonts – typefaces and colors should be consistent. Select fonts and colors carefully, make sure they are used consistently throughout you website.
- Layout – make sure your page layouts are constant. A good Premium WordPress Theme for eCommerce such as WooThemes, will ensure a feeling of consistency about your page structure.
Visitor Feedback – Infer a feeling of authenticity, allow communication and feedback
If visitors are about to make a purchase from your store they need to feel they are able to communicate with the store owner if they have a question or feedback about any products or services. Make it easy for them to contact you.
- Feedback – keep forms short and make them accessible. Clearly indicate what fields are required to avoid confusion and dismay from error messages about required or incorrect fields.
- Contact – Give your full contact details, including any relevant information such as business telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address. This will help visitors feel confident they are dealing with a legitimate business.
Website Testing – Make sure your website works prior to launching
With a lot of rapid website design happening these days, it is very important not to forget to test that your design works, adding to the feeling of confidence for your visitors.
Browsers – Check to make sure your website loads properly in all browsers
- Links – Test all the links on your site, make sure they are all working properly to avoid frustration and Google penalties.
- Errors – Check carefully that there are not any errors occurring on your site. Visitors will not feel good about errors.
- Spell-check – Check all content for grammatical errors and any misspelled words, and correct them asap. Spelling errors are easy to miss, use a spell-check or ask someone else to check the content.
- Speed – Testing your website load times is critical for your visitors feelings about your website. The customer will leave if it is slow, but Google will downgrade your site too.
I have outlined here how Beautiful WordPress Design makes customers happy, and I have given some guidelines to get you thinking about how to achieve it, and start getting better results with your WordPress website. If your current WordPress Theme doesn’t meet these guidelines, what can you do?
Thankfully WordPress is one of the most technically accessible website platforms in the world. You can hire a Web Designer to make any changes to your current theme, or create you a new one from scratch. This is money well spent if you are serious about results.
You can also get a professional WordPress Theme Design, install it and configure it yourself. This is a cost effective way to get a Beautiful WordPress Design and make those customers happy. 🙂
Peter Mead shares over 20 years experience in Digital and as WordPress SEO Consultant. Peter draws further knowledge and experience from his involvement as a SEMrush Webinar host and a co-organizer of Melbourne SEO Meetup. Writing articles based on his hands-on analytical and strategic experience. Peter is passionate about contributing to client success and the improvement of the broader SEO community.
Peter can be found on some of these sites:
Hosting the SEMrush Australian Search Marketing Academy Webinar: https://www.semrush.com/user/145846945/
WordPress SEO Consultant: Peter Mead iT https://petermeadit.com/
Co-Organiser: Melbourne SEO Meetup https://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-SEO/
More information About Peter Mead